Friday, March 09, 2007

The Sky Is Falling

Folks, is this really such a big deal? C'mon now, settle down. Are people really worried about this? Y2K my ass.

Are we just so obsessed about making shit up to worry about that we're blowing this out of proportion?

Or, is it that there's so much real shit in the world to be worried about, that we'd rather mask it with stupid crap like this, to make us feel less depressed?

When you get to work on Monday morning, go into your computer's settings and manually move the clock back an hour. Done. Get over it, people.

God forbid we should actually freak out about something that matters, like if I should go see "300" or "The Host" this weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird. I just posted on the same topic. It's like we're joined at the hip or something.

I need a new wingman. My wingman left the bar early last night to watch "Grey's Anatomy". WTF? I'm left nursing this horrible hangover, and this dude is probably going shopping for his first training bra or something.

Cherry, you'd never do that to me, would you?

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Prashant: I would never do that to you, never. I've already got all the training bras I need.

Rob said...

At my work, it's causing some Outlook Calendar problems. A meeting next week that was supposed to be 1-5 was changed to be 2-6, causing much confusion.

If mucking with a boring meeting is the extent of the DST problems, then I'm with you Will. It's just something for media to focus on.

Gregg said...

Wroking on this DST thing has been my full time job for the last two months. My company and my customers are not taking it lightly. It really is a nightmare.

5 of 9er said...

"...and manually move the clock back an hour." - Hey Cherry, you mean forward 1 hour. We Spring ahead. :)

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Front, back, whatever.