Friday, March 02, 2007

Turn It Up Fridays

Even though I called in sick to work on Monday, this has been one of the longest work weeks ever. Christ, I just want to get out of here.

And since it is practically blizzarding outside, all I really want to do is get out of here and get under the covers.Album cover of the day: LuLu Roman "Now Let Me Sing". So many questions on this one. Who isn't letting her sing? And why? And isn't the question coming a bit late - you obviously ARE already singing since you've put out an album. Maybe Lulu should have titled her album "Now Buy My Album" which probably would have been a better request seeing that I don't think anybody did. But hey, at least is is warm wherever LuLu (and her muumuu) is.

Song you should be listening to today: "Relax (Take It Easy) by Mika.

Today's Top 10 is: "Top 10 Cure song titles that describe how I feel about the snow today (considering it was 49 degrees last night and I was ready to pack the parka away for the year)":

  1. Prayers for Rain
  2. I'm Cold
  3. Stop Dead
  4. Shiver and Shake
  5. Grinding Halt
  6. Lament
  7. Boys Don't Cry
  8. Dredd Song
  9. Out of Mind
  10. Torture

11 comments:

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oh, that Lulu. She had a hard life before she hit the gospel circuit. I'd love to see pictures of her when she was a gogo dancer for Jack Ruby. I guess she's squashed plans for release of the DVD "Let Me Dance for You" from that period.

Gregg said...

Mika is my new favorite - I cant stop listening to that CD - its amazing. Im glad you found it too!

Kritkrat said...

Maybe it's the Bob Cline Singers who aren't letting Lulu sing...

Eternally Recovering said...

Life In Cartoon Motion is THE album for 2007 so far...as well as our soundtrack from the drive home from DC. Glad you are enjoying it, baby!
Mika is the modern day Freddie Mercury!

Anonymous said...

Actually I knew Lulu Roman back in 1976. She drove a white Cadillac Eldorado convertable and she and I used to cruise the beach in Muskegon MI.

classyandfancy said...

Something to look forward to: in less than two weeks pictures with leprechauns and with people dressed up like plush Guiness pints with be an everyday occurrence.

Airam said...

Is it horrible that I was laughing hysterically at your thoughts on Lulu and her Moomoo?

RevRee said...

Come cuddle with me Cherry, I'll keep you warm...*evil grin*

Dop T said...

Lulu doesnt look like she ever sang, "Let Me Eat". The Hee-Haw days were not kind to her.

darci ann said...

lol. oh poor LuLu. I am rather intrigued how you found this.

Mood Indigo said...

yet again you, me and music are on the same wavelength. My friend just gave me Mika's album - it's so fun!