Monday, January 14, 2008

This Week on VH1

Recently, several friends have mentioned how great those little monitors attached to their gym treadmills are because its the only way they get to watch bad cable TV shows.

I heartily agree. Just this morning I turned in and got a rundown on all the exciting things happening this week on VH1. So be sure to tune in.

Rock of Love II
One of my favorite shows from last year is back, although somehow this time around I can't muster the energy to watch it. The winner of last season, Jess, ditched Michaels for some guy here in Chicago. This is a shock to me because it really seemed like their love was real and going to last.

Anyway, it looks like Bret got a new headband this year (see attached photo), so you know, maybe it will be worth watching.


James Blunt is a Douche
So this morning the Top 20 Countdown is on and along comes the video for James Blunt's "Same Mistake." Have you seen this video? Its James Blunt walking around with the stupid video camera attached to chest or something filming his face as he whines and goes about his daily life.

Like we're all supposed to be so fucking interested in James Blunt that we'd choose to look at nothing but his ugly face for 4 minutes. Who makes videos like this? Answer: People who reeaaalllyyyy like themselves. I was forced to change the channel.

Scott Baio is Also a Douche
Chachi is back for a second season of "Scott Baio is 45 and..." to prove to the world yet again what an asshole he is (you know, in case you didn't figure that out from watching the first season).

Chachi has to be the only douche nugget alive to willingly star in a reality show that does nothing but reveal what a dipshit you are. This time around it looks like he's not only getting married (the horror!) but also, (gasp!) going to be a father! OMG, how can he possibly survive such a horrible fate?

17 comments:

5 of 9er said...

I think we should wear the headbands and watch the new season together. I was a doubter, but now I am a believer... so much so that I will wear the headband.

Some Guy said...

"Douche nugget" is now officially part of my lexicon. Thanks!

classyandfancy said...

Why Bret passed up HE-ather is beyond me. She is so hot to trot making all the boys eyes drop.

minijonb said...

i need to go to the gym more so i can watch these shows... my TiVo would explode if i tried to record them.

redgalaxoid said...

Trainers at the gym always reprimend me, because most of the times I'm laughing at some stupid thing on VH1 instead of actually working out. It's not my fault, I can't do both at the same time, plus, watching VH1 is like working out my brain! (right).

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Wait, you have a thing for Peyton Manning?

I LIKE Scott Baio! I think he was good on that show. Very likeable. No? Maybe I'm just a playboy, Scott Baio without the money . . .

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Niner:: I could be tempted, yes. Shall we start this Sunday?

Chris:: My pleasure. Any time.

Classy:: I agree. ALthough I think he figured out, like the rest of us did, that Heather is a MAN, baby.


MiniJB:: It is pretty much the only reason I run on a treadmill.

Dyck:: Do we actually finally agree on something?

Redgalaxoid:: Yeah, VH1 can definitely be distracting.

Dr. Ken:: Why am I not surprised you can identify with Scott Baio?;-)

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Yes, but I'm not gay, so don't get your hopes up.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Kadonkadonk:: I will be watching it this Sunday after all.

Dyck:: Please, you are soooooo gay.

Alannah said...

I really really love Rock of Love. It makes me feel so sleazy but I still love it.

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

I don't think James Blunt is even a douche but the matter that a douche washes out.

Mr. Shain said...

peyton manning, heh.

Dop T said...

Ok...I actually think James Blunt is attractive. But I do agree with you about Chachi. I didnt think much of him before this show and now I think even less, if thats at all possible. Same thing happened with Paula Abdul's show -- when it ended, I liked her less.

Unknown said...

Rock of Love, Shot of Love with Tila Tequila are my guilty pleasures. It is always nice to know there are shows out there that can make you feel better about yourself. :-)

blythe said...

ah. you have hit on the real truth of my hiatus. i wasn't on one of the shows or anything. i just watched a lot. a lot.

Radioactive Tori said...

I still love Bret Michaels. I bet he will definitely find true love on tv this time.

Scott Baio turns my stomach. He is more whiney than my kids!

Big Daddy said...

I loathe The Baio.