Monday, February 20, 2006

Weather With You

I went to DC this weekend to pick up a few things (my car, my clothes) and say hello to some friends. The Capitol Lounge had finally opened all sections, returning to its former glory. Had a few of Krista's Kickass Lemonades and monopolized the jukebox, just like old times. Saw both Match Point and Date Movie, which as you can imagine are very similar movies; I liked one and hated the other but can't remember which was which.

When I arrived Thursday night, the weather was great - still about 55 degrees at 9pm. But it started getting very cold Friday afternoon and stayed that way until I left Monday morning. Most all my friends knew I
was coming in from Chicago, and some of them asked the following joke question (which, btw, never gets old): "Did you bring the cold weather with you?"

Yeah, you caught me. I brought it.

Saturday night met some friends at my favorit
e bar, Cafe St. Ex. Although the place was Packed. So packed that I think I need to re-evaluate whether or not it is my favorite DC hangout. After about 15 minutes there, we left and went to Halo. Stood next to some guy with the stupidest hair I've seen in a long time, and this is including all the freaks in Sydney. A picture, thanks to Jason, appears below. But it doesn't really do justice to the precise absurdity and height of the hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FREAKS IN SYDNEY??? Never..I must admit, the 'delightful' US of A has its fair share! And DON'T get me started on NZ!!