Friday, January 26, 2007

Happy Australia Day

You haven't lived until you've celebrated Australia Day, preferably while in Australia (wow, how different my life was a year ago).

My Richard has been celebrating all week and you can check out some of his thoughts on his home here.

In honor, my list of 10 favorite things about Australia:

  1. Richard (duh)
  2. Vegemite
  3. Beaches - specifically Bondi, Manly and Maroubra
  4. The Yarra River around Melbourne & the Royal Botanic Gardens
  5. Cadbury Malt Crisps*
  6. Kath and Kim
  7. Sydney Harbour - esp. the Bridge and the Opera House
  8. Crowded House
  9. Chapel Street, Melbourne
  10. Mardi Gras
Aussie! Aussie! Oy! Oy!


* Technically these might by British, but I don't think I found any at my local Tesco or Sainsbury's, so I'm sticking with it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably not your idiom, but the absolute best thing about Australia is most definitely the Australian women. I love them all. Especially the cute, little, blonde surfer ones.

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

5 of 9er said...

I love Halloween in Australia... incredible! :)

Anonymous said...

I will never forget the QVB on George Street. I adore Australia.

Anonymous said...

In no particular order:
- Tim Tams
- Burger Rings
- decent weather when it's cold over here (and I know that Seattle has nothing on most of the rest of the US right now but it's still not 40C where I'm sitting...)
- Cheezels
- and ohmigod - I rediscovered Chiko rolls when I was back at Christmas - can't believe I went without for so many years...

Happy Australia Day (and thanks mum for the Anzac biscuits !!!)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmm Tim Tams. Tim Tam Explosion. Mmmmmmmmm.

ReckenRoll said...

Isn't it three "Aussie"s and three "Oy"s?

The Perth countdown has begun 6 weeks to go!

Anonymous said...

Just back from my first biz trip Sydney & Melbourne. Complete feeding frenzy, including minibar Tim Tams. Aussie boys are fab, especially the ones with rough hands.

Loaf said...

Even the Aussies over here have been showing real commitment by having a BBQ.

Trying to have a BBQ in England, in January. Now that's true Aussie spirit!

RevRee said...

You are so damn cute! Can we at least make out sometime?

Single Guy said...

Happy Australia Day! Cool blog!

d-town said...

first off, who is that fox in the picture? va va va voom! (lol, i'm channeling frank sinatra apparently).

i'm so excited about my upcoming first trip to Oz (and NZ, too). Two weeks, departing on Feb 28 ... just in time for the parade and party for Mardi Gras!!!