Monday, March 17, 2008

Things I Learned This Weekend - Special St. Patty's Edition

In no particular order:

  1. I might have become a Dewar's drinker. Jury is still deliberating, so stay tuned.
  2. I've mastered the talent to actually will myself into a buzz. It is a Mad Skill and I'm going to write a book about it.
  3. Despite my hatred for all things St. Patty's Day-related, I still folded to the pressure of dressing the part: green t-shirt, green underwear, and even a stupid green bowler hat (although I don't recall exactly how I got it).
  4. The Lair's Club (this one) can get really lame after 2am. (Come to think of it, so can this one, since Niner bailed before 1am, Gancer bailed moments after arrival, and Classy was a no-show.)
  5. Not Carrie Bradshaw loves "SHOTS!"
  6. Cookies with sprinkles rule.
  7. I never wish to never set foot in this place again (and yes, the place is as bad as their lame website suggests).
  8. The ladies room at Big City Tap is really no different than the men's.

11 comments:

5 of 9er said...

Big City Tap is the Worst bar in Chicago. ...and yes, I'm a puss.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Does the ladies' room have a urinal with cigarette butts in it too???

d said...

i completely forgot it was st patty's day today. and i'm 3/4 irish. i suck.

JUSTIN said...

I think the woman with the cookies gave you the stupid green bowler hat; or maybe that was me...

nickabouttown said...

Will Cherry give me shots if I come to Chicago? I don't think so...*cry*

classyandfancy said...

Sigh, I would have liked to have seen yer bolo hat me lad. I'm renaming the event I went to from Shamrocks for Kids to Getting Rocked for Kids.

I'm Not Carrie Bradshaw said...

I'm glad you know what the ladies room at Big City Taps looks like because I totally don't remember despite spending most of my time in there. I know it was better than the rest of the bar, though!

Anonymous said...

Wow, and I left before Niner, so I'm really really lame.'
~SV

Jake Titus said...

You had a much more exciting St. Patricks day than I. I woke up late, ate some lucky charms, put a green sock on my penis, walked to the mail box, drank beer most of the afternoon, watched telemundo (without sound), and went to bed early. Ohhh wait, maybe I did have a better time than you.

Kritkrat said...

Wha, wha, wah?! How can you not like St. Patrick's Day?!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Well, we learned to stay out of Big Shitty Tap, but I already knew that.

Hey, I'm offended about your Liar's Club comments! The bar was only lame because nobody goes there on St. Patty's weekend, and the members of the blog team are cool, just getting old. This one had to work one day and get experimented on in a lab the next.

Will you email me the fained drunk pics? So amazing!