Friday, February 23, 2007

Turn It Up Fridays

Despite Julie's notion that "nobody does any work on Fridays" I have to say I've been cranking at work today - finishing off a draft cover story for a client and fixing another's huge-ass PowerPoint presentation - each of which could easily take a day, but I've done both in a matter of 4 hours. Yay for me. So let's get right to this week's TIUF...

Album cover of the day: Cody Matherson "Can I Borrow a Feelin'?" Yikes, Cody. Borrow elsewhere.

Songs you should be listening today: "Starlight" by Muse, and "She's Like the Wind" by R&B act Lumidee (yes, that "She's Like the Wind" and thanks to Laura for the suggestion).

Tomorrow morning Richard and I fly back to DC to finish what we started there two weeks ago but had to postpone thanks to some of them charming locals. Needless to say, I'm a bit
nervous about it all (our luck has not been good on this front) and will be relieved when we're both back on Sunday. To illustrate my trepidation, this week's "Top 10" list is: "Top 10 Metallica song titles to describe my attitude towards driving the minivan full of furniture 12 hours from DC to Chicago" (in no particular order):

  1. Escape
  2. Bleeding Me
  3. Creeping Death
  4. Dyer's Eve
  5. My Friend of Misery
  6. Trapped Under Ice
  7. Motorbreath
  8. (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth
  9. Whiplash
  10. The Frayed Ends of Sanity

9 comments:

Sizzler Sister said...

Good luck this weekend.
And Cody Masterson is hot.

classyandfancy said...

I agree with sizzler. I NEED to find him immediately.

Loaf said...

Starlight is cool, but Supermassive Black Hole is still my favorite by Muse.

Good luck with the trip, even though you've done it by the time I've made this comment (yeah, I'm playing catch up).

JulieGong said...

love muse.

Alannah said...

Is that "She's Like The Wind" a cover of the lovely and haunting song sung by Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing? Please say yes.

Rambling Canuck said...

excellent post.

Dop T said...

I didn't know Borat's younger brother put out an album?

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Lord. I think Cody asked me out back in the late 80's. He went by the cover name of "Brad", and tried to give me a pos Trans Am so I could come "visit" him. Had I only known he was a rock star, things would have gone completely differently.

Anonymous said...

What about Metallica's 'Battery'? God knows that's what my last move felt like and I was only going 15 minutes down the road.

Good luck.