Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Happy Tuesday

I work in a job where I have clients that I sometimes don't enjoy working with, who can be real ass wipes.

Yesterday, I had to send one of my clients an e-mail that I knew he wasn't going to like, with some rather unfortunate information. (Sometimes, in my job, I have to play a bad guy and advise a client with a good dose of reality as to why other people on the planet don't share his belief that his lame idea is the Next Big Thing.)


I came into the office this morning with an e-mail from him with the words "This is a totally unacceptable answer" copying his boss and some of his colleagues. Like I'm some retarded child. You know what's totally unacceptable? You being a douche nugget.


Yay! I love starting my day with an e-mail like that. Sometimes I really
love my job.

I think I'd like to start a website, and call it something like "
MyJobSucks.com" in which people can write in their weekly bad work experiences. The benefit being that when you're having a really bad day at work you can read about other people's misfortunes and hopefully crack a smile, knowing you're not alone.

19 comments:

Kritkrat said...

If you type 'my job sucks' into Google, there are over 1.9 million hits, but I didn't find one www.myjobsucks.com site. I think you are really on to something here. I would totally love to read about some of the shit other people go through 'cause some days it doesn't seem like anything can hold a candle to the shit that goes on around here...

Eternally Recovering said...

That is an awesome I idea! A job venting website! Soooo cathartic for all!
Happy Tuesday, baby! I am sorry it has started out as such a pisser.

classyandfancy said...

I would only write about being attacked by cane wielding schizophhrenics and that, my friends is on my way to work. Work RULES!!!

mysterygirl! said...

You should definitely start that site.

And you should hit reply-all and address your next e-mail to his boss, subtly but deftly relating what a huge effing moron his underling is. (Maybe this is why I am not in PR...)

Alison said...

Do it! It would probably be the most popular website EVER.

5 of 9er said...

I have a client who only seems to respond with "This is just totally unacceptable."

I just hope that is what his wife says to him in bed.

Have fun at the Sox game!

Anonymous said...

is this your 'private dancer' job (as listed in your profile)?? My mind's racing as to what would be considered a 'bad idea' by your clients hahaha..just kidding.

I think it's hilarious when people just refuse to hear NO...your client was the one acting like a retarded child - shamejob for them.

Airam said...

I would totally contribute to that website!! That's a wicked idea!

carolyn says said...

i would be all over that!

JulieGong said...

Great idea! That would save me from getting fired from posting stuff on my actual blog.

blythe said...

i think "douche nugget" might be the Next Big Thing. just sayin'.

ridiculous said...

should you develop that website, i'm totally on board.

for reals.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

"Douche nugget" is a gross phrase. I'm just pictured it's something that got jostled loose post-douche. What could that nugget be? Ughh! My guess is whatever it is, it closely resembles the a-hole you encountered at work.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Great idea for a site...only I think about a BILLION people beat you to it. Google is your friend.

t.k.foster said...

Believe me, when you deal directly with people's money, you'd be surprised. In some ways, I love the power, but in other ways, yeah my job sucks too.

Alannah said...

Start that site soon....because look!

Michael5000 said...

I had a dream last night that I was in a rowboat in the ocean, and saw my boss drowning, so I beat her to death with my oar. I woke with an exciting frisson of horror and satisfaction. I think I need the myjobsucks website.

Ellen Aim said...

I would read that site every single day.

And I really love "douche nugget" and plan to work it into my conversations at some point today. Gotta have goals.

Anonymous said...

I am with Dr Kenneth Noisewater on this one. Douche Nugget is a filthy phrase, especially if one stops to think just what a douche nugget might be in literal terms. I think it is word that should be added to the gynacologist's medical terminology text book to explain things that don't belong inside a cervix and drop out along with the spatula. Sorry to anybody eating dinner right now.

love betty