Friday, April 18, 2008

I Might Be a H.O.B. Whore

Last night my good friends Greg and Stacey came up from Indy for the Sara Bareilles show at House of Blues, which was sweet and fun. And we had a great time and I miss them.

Off topic: I stuffed my camera down my pants as to get it past security. Having cold metal and plastic snuggling your taint is a good time. Also off topic: If I was a straight single guy, this would have been my night. Wall-to-wall Bettys. (And some lesbians, too. But not a Geigh in sight, which is odd.)


But anyway. Sara looked pretty much just as she did in her "Love Song" video - down to the pretty, slender dress and the pulled-back hair. And she was clever and funny and sweet, and it got me all flustered and thinking about my
fantasy scenario, and at one point between songs I yelled: "I LOVE YOU SARA!" which got a few chuckles.

And then I remembered that just a few months ago I professed my love for Neil Finn
in the exact same way!! Is it the atmosphere at House of Blues? Or am I just a little bit of a (sexually confused) slut?

(Ed. Note: I know this post is ripe for snarky comments from some/all of you. But No Judging, people.)


PS -
5.4 earthquake hit Illinois this morning. And like most significant events, I slept right through it.

14 comments:

Mr. Shain said...

ok, how about we make a deal? i won't write anything snarky here, if you never ever mention your 'taint' again on this blog. fair?

Girl Friday said...

Hurrah for being a right tart! Slut it up I say. But then, I would say that wouldn't I.

Spammon said...

Crowded House was the second album I ever bought with my own money. I ended up buying every one of their albums after that. And in case you're wondering, Maxi Priest was my first album.

ReckenRoll said...

a) I am with Mr. Shain. No fair making me think about your taint before I've even had my coffee.

b) I am NEVER EVER borrowing your camera again

ADW said...

I once smuggled a trailer hitch beneath my taint. I didn't have to, I wanted to. See. You are so very normal.

Anonymous said...

I think the smuggling just shows your dedication to documenting our fabulous night.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Shain:: Not sure. I think I might start writing about my taint more, actually.

GF:: Right tart, indeed. You know those British-isms get me every time.

Spammon:: Maxi Priest? Really?

Julie:: Hmmm. I'll go either way, I suppose.

Recken:: I'll scrub it before next weekend. (The camera, I mean.)

(Actually, I'll scrub the taint too.)

Hooters:: I am speechless...

Pee Wee: O, the e-cards.

Stacey:: Finally, someone who appreciates the struggle I went through.

Anonymous said...

Just say that no pictures were taken during the smuggling process. That just wouldn't be a good thing.

House of Jules said...

I am woozy from this post. You realize, from the name of my blog and my blog header, that I'm the original H.O.B. slut, don't you? Seriously, does our list of commonalities ever end? I really need to find out if you have a brother you can set me up with.

I'm glad you finally got to be in the same room as your sweetheart, and that even though she brought a casserole to share with you, that out of respect for your special relationship, you've decided to keep those details on the D.L.
Jules
House of Jules

Frank said...

Everyone was talking about the earthquake the day it happened. I slept right through it as well.

And I think it's just the atmosphere at H.O.B. It always makes me want to bone anyone on stage, even if they're a guy.

Mighty Dyckerson said...

Remind me never to borrow your camera.

shelleycoughlin said...

I never thought about stuffing the camera down my pants. Screw that, I'll stuff it down the boyfriend's pants.

Essentially Me said...

You're just so damn cute.

Anonymous said...

i heart her. aaaand she's playing boston tonight, but the show is sold out.

i'm very upset about this. le sigh.