Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Convalescing in Australia

Well I've been here in Sydney for three weeks and looking back realize that I haven't a whole lot to show for it. Aside from a lot of walking around the streets of Newtown and the CBD/downtown, I haven't really done a thing. Beach? Only once. Sightseeing? Did that last time I was here, thanks.

I don't even have a good tan.

Part of the reason is the weather has been absolute crap - lots of rain, not much sun; not much reason to hit the beach. I can count on one hand how many days of good weather since I've arrived. But the reason is that I just can't be bothered.

But I can say that I am getting plenty of rest. So I have that going for me.

My friend Greg from DC arrives this afternoon, so I'm hoping his visit will kick my ass into doing something besides eating and sleeping; maybe get to the beach and do some other stuff while he's here.

No comments: