Saturday, January 21, 2006

Friendly Neighborhood Stalker

We have a stalker as a neighbor. He watches us all the time. He says things like, "I saw you get out of the taxi yesterday wearing your green trainers and blue shirt." Freaking bunny boiler.

As today was the first nice weather day in about two weeks, Greg, Richard and I took the ferry over to Manly Beach. Great weather, great waves and great day. Got stung by a jellyfish though, but luckily it got in just a few small stings. Afterwards, we headed over to Richard's friend Nicole's flat on a private inlet on the Harbour side of Manly, where we did more swimming, had loganberry cordials (I don't even know what those are, exactly, but I like the idea of sitting on a deserted beach drinking loganberry cordials in the afternoon sun) and watched a woman on a nearby apartment balcony take off her top for a boat full of men having a bachelor party. (Note: that was perhaps the longest sentence I've ever written.)

Yesterday, Greg and I saw Elvis Costello and the Brodsky Quartet. Fucking brilliant.

Quote of the day (from Overheard in New York):
Teen boy: Do you have any matches?
Counter lady: Can I see ID?
Teen boy: You need ID for matches? For just matches?
Counter lady: I can't give you matches without ID.
Teen boy: ID for matches...what the fuck is this world coming to?

No comments: