Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dunkin Donuts Haiku

Walking to work each day I pass about 5 Dunkin Donuts. Normally this isn’t a problem. But Man, today it became harder and harder to resist the beckoning of the boston crème and “strawberry” frosted at each passing.

I successfully resisted, but as I sit here now I wonder if that small, vague feeling of will power victory floating in the back of my brain is really better than that sensation of creamy, lardy goodness that could be floating through my stomach right now.

Also, I’m worried that I will end up running* out for one** in about an hour anyway. I haven’t haiku’d in about a year, and I think this is as good a reason as any:
Walk to work today
Siren call Yummy Custard
Resist, you fat ass!

* and by "running" I of course mean walking slowly
** and by "one" I of course mean a half dozen.

2 comments:

Rob said...

That was a great post
Funny, insightful, so true
Please eat one for me.

Anonymous said...

I love a man who knows how to use a grave accent. En avant, mon brave!