Friday, April 14, 2006

So NOT Lovin' It

Walking to work this morning I felt thirsty and in need of caffeine. I was close to a McDonald's (the old Rock n' Roll McDonalds on LaSalle and Ontario) so I stopped in to get a Coke because I could get a big one and on the cheap.

Well to my surprise McDonald's ain't so cheap anymore. A large Coke is $2.09. Wasn't there a time in the recent past where you could get a large for, like, a buck? I think I could have gone to the gas station across the street and paid less. But even if that were true, I would have missed out on the witty exchange between me and the assistant manager working the register:

  • Me: "Wow. $2.09. I thought McDonalds was supposed to be cheap."
  • Assistant Mgr: "Yeah. No. I guess not. Let me re-ring it and see if there's a mistake." (He re-rings it.) No, I guess not."
  • Me: "..."
  • AM: "You could, like, get a 2-liter at the store for that price."
  • Me: "..."
  • AM: "But, like, there is a lot of Coke in a large. Well, that and a lot of ice."

Which is fine, because two bucks for 20 ounces of ice and 12 ounces of Coke is so totally worth it.

No comments: